Your First Visit
Why Get an Orthodontic Evaluation?
An orthodontic evaluation checks the status of your teeth, bite, and jaw alignment. Correcting misalignment decreases the risks of gum disease, tooth decay, and bite problems that affect speech and chewing or contribute to jaw pain or headaches. However, an evaluation does not automatically mean you will need braces. The outcome for you or your child can result in one of the following recommendations:
- You don’t need orthodontic treatment.
- You may need treatment in the future.
- You have an orthodontic issue that would benefit from getting treatment now.
What Can You Expect During Your First Visit?
We offer a complimentary initial consultation to help you decide if this is the office for you.
Our front-office team will welcome you with a smile. We will ask for your completed new patient paperwork or give you forms to complete. We will also ask for any dental insurance cards so that we can make copies.
You will then spend one-on-one time with Dr. Tostado. He will look at your teeth and listen to your goals. He will then discuss your treatment options. For most cases, there may be several orthodontic treatment systems that would work for you, and he will present those to you. If you decide to go ahead with treatment, we will then go ahead with records.
If we can, we’ll do the records at this initial appointment. Or, we can schedule it as a separate appointment. It will include the following:
- Medical and dental history review
- Panographic x-ray
- Cephalometric x-ray
- 3-D scan
- Digital impressions of your teeth
- Models of your teeth printed with our 3-D printer
While there is a cost for these records, that amount can be applied as a credit toward your total treatment cost.
Then, as you proceed with treatment, you will notice that Dr. Tostado spends more personal time with you than other orthodontists, who tend to delegate much of your care to assistants.
When Should Your Child Have Their First Visit?
The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first visit to an orthodontist by age seven. Early detection allows early intervention and less time-consuming and costly treatment later. Even if you’re an adult, it’s not too late for an evaluation from Dr. Tostado. He offers complimentary consultations. We will explain how you or your child can benefit from an orthodontic evaluation and what to expect during your first visit.
Technology In Our Office
The advanced dental technology at Lake Travis Orthodontics promotes accurate diagnosis and treatment options.
Our cutting-edge technology includes:
- Digital scanner – We take teeth impressions digitally for a comfortable experience without messy impression materials.
- 3D X-rays – Dr. Tostado can see your teeth and jaw from varying angles.
- Intraoral photographs – Digital pictures of your teeth help us track your dental history and progress.
- 3D model – If you choose orthodontic treatment with clear aligners, Dr. Tostado will take a 3D model of your teeth. The model is a guide for making your custom Invisalign® or Spark Clear Aligners™.
Get an orthodontic health checkup. Call us for a complimentary consultation from Dr. Tostado or complete our appointment request form.