Bee Cave Invisalign
If you want straighter teeth but are self-conscious about wearing metal braces, Invisalign might be your solution. You can have metal-free, comfortable orthodontic treatment with Invisalign—clear aligners that people will not notice. Bee Cave orthodontist Dr. Alberto Tostado is an Invisalign-certified provider, ready to help you start treatment and finish it with a winning smile.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a virtually invisible way to straighten your teeth. Invisalign consists of a series of clear, removable aligners custom-made exclusively for you. The strong plastic aligners fit comfortably while gently shifting your teeth into ideal positions.
How Does Invisalign Work?
You will begin with an initial consultation with Dr. Tostado to discuss your concerns and goals and determine whether Invisalign is right for you.
If you are a candidate and want to proceed with treatment, you can expect the following:
- Dr. Tostado will take a 3D scan of your teeth to map out a treatment plan for precise movement of your teeth.
- He will send the scan and your treatment plan to the Invisalign lab, where their computer program will generate a series of clear, plastic aligners to move your teeth.
- You will return to the office for your first series of custom-made aligners.
- When you try them on, they won’t fit well. That’s because the aligners are molded in the correct position for your teeth; as your teeth move, the trays will feel more comfortable.
- You will switch to a new set of aligners every couple of weeks. Each set of aligners will gently move your teeth into the next desired position.
- Wear the aligners for 20-22 hours daily, removing them only for eating, drinking, brushing, and flossing.
- You will have regular checkups every six to eight weeks for Dr. Tostado to monitor your progress.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign?
Advantages of Invisalign over traditional braces include:
- Clear and barely noticeable
- Much more comfortable
- Removable so you can eat whatever you want
- Allows you to brush and floss thoroughly
- Straightens your teeth more predictably in half the time of traditional braces
- You can use the aligner trays for tooth whitening if you wish
Are There Other Options?
Dr. Tostado believes in offering a variety of options to his patients and will explain the pros and cons to you to help you know which option will be best for your case.
- Six Month Smiles can be the fastest treatment option.
- Spark Aligners are similar to Invisalign but are more aesthetic, comfortable, and slightly faster.
- The Damon System uses conventional brackets but are a little more comfortable and efficient than traditional wire and brackets.
How Long Is Invisalign Treatment?
Invisalign usually takes half the time of conventional braces. It can vary depending on the complexity of the case. Most cases will be completed within six to twelve months.
Will Insurance Cover Invisalign?
Because of the increased laboratory costs, Invisalign tends to be more expensive than conventional braces. If your dental insurance provides orthodontic benefits, they will cover Invisalign. However, if your insurance has cost limits, they may pay a smaller percentage of the cost than they would for conventional treatment.
Request an Invisalign Consultation
If you want a healthy, confident smile with Invisalign, schedule a consultation with Dr. Tostado at Lake Travis Orthodontics to learn about your options. Call us or complete our Request an Appointment form.